The view from my house
Hello Everyone! This a random post because I wanted to share some funny definitions that I found in a Kinyarwanda-English dictionary. Enjoy! 🙂
1) charm- the practice of magic used by robbers or witches to bewitch people
eg: Thieves used a charm in order to rob the national bank.
2) tears- drops of salty liquid which flow from the eye because of pain or happiness
eg: She was slapped and tears came out of her eyes.
3) heave-ho!- used to express fear of remembering of something
eg: Heave-ho! I lost dictionary.
4) Get drunk- to drink up a lot of beer such that you lose your senses
eg: This young man has got drunk.
5) cheeked- refers to someone with big cheeks
eg: That is a cheeked child.
6) Whitish- very white
eg: This shirt is whitish.
7) Wooden milk pot- a wooden container in which milk is kept
eg: Pour that milk into the wooden milk pot.